Traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapitanphil

Reaction score
Good morning fellas. New to the forum. I just got a 2010 el limited....my first 2wd, and have a question about the traction control. Does turning it off make my rear posi trac? If not, any good recommendations on lockers? Not looking to spend $1000....I can do the install myself. I'm not looking to go mudding necessarily but want something for the boat ramp and incase I get in some slop. It has some good bfg kos on it and a 2 inch lift. Axle code is 16. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have a 2wd with open differential turning off traction control will not make it a LSD, in fact it will make pulling a boat up a ramp worse.

There are a number of other threads discussing this subject, unfortunately, most 3rd Gen Expeditions are not LSD. There were some 3rd Gen years where the only models with LSD were the SSV (police fire etc)

You can either purchase a new LSD and install it, or find a junkyard LSD, rebuild and install it