Tranny Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Extortion

Reaction score
i have only experienced this a few times & only when the engine is cold..
ill drive slow out of the neighborhood and then it shifts to second fine but then the rpms will rev higher and it feels like it shifted again to second.. other then that it feels like it shifts perfectly
any ideas?

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like dirty fluid and a partly plugged filter... how long since they have been changed

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

Reaction score
i have no clue it has 174000 miles now, i just bought it 4 months ago

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would get them changed or do it your self which ever... make sure you get the proper fluid MERCON V

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

Reaction score
lol i'd have someone else do it..
ill touch anything on a car but the trans..
i heard from somebody that if you havent changed your trans fluid in some time to just leave it alone?

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you may want to pass on the flush but you want to get the filter changed so it doesnt get any worse and when doing that they only change about half the fluid then in about 6-8 months you can do it again... for what its worth i don't think that it is a good to leave it alone as viscosity and line pressure are so inportant in an automatic