(Transfer) 4k to spend, but on what, I wonder??? (=

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
plugs suck on the 2v and 3v motors.... look at f150 forums.. about the horrors they run into

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hrmm, I might be wanting to just leave my plugs alone until 100k then lol. And yeah alot of these newer vehicles are utter hell to change plugs on due to cab forward and saving space with smaller engine bays. From what I've seen just peering into the engine bay on my 2V, I will at least be able to get to the plugs after a lot of swearing and bleeding from my knuckles. Have you ever had to do the plugs on a LS1 Camarobird? You seriously have to be a wizard or have access to a full shop of high end tools (actually both of those...) to make that change go even somewhat smoothly.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They found that the fuel pressure is low. It's up on the lift tonight so hopefully I'll get some news tomorrow. Maybe a hole in the fuel line or a bad pump or something?

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK so fuel pump replaced plus rear a/c motor switched out. aprox $800 in parts and labor and she's running great, soo...

My plan:

1) nice overall detail to remove any scratches / marks / chips in the body
2) have the bottom trim re-painted matt black
3) have the window trim and running boards restored from faded
4) new tint (not sure if I am going to stay "legal or not" lol
5) new head unit / bluetooth / navi system installed
6) alarm system installed
7) new custom headlights
8) K&N CAI installed
9) New tip installed on exhaust then powder coated black
10) Grill Guard (something like FtLaudBlkGT has, maybe Waag)
11) Roof rack

Wow I'm totally getting into this. hopefully I don't do all this work and then she craps out on me lol! 88k miles isn't too much to do all this, right???? :happy107:

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm at 115k and I started hooking mine up at 60k she still runs like a champ!

Sent from space using taptalk

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you could buy my new Eibach pro-kit w/ alittle of that paper:pepper:im not so sure now i want to lower mine..atleast not yet

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK so fuel pump replaced plus rear a/c motor switched out. aprox $800 in parts and labor and she's running great, soo...

My plan:

2) have the bottom trim re-painted matt black
3) have the window trim and running boards restored from faded
4) new tint (not sure if I am going to stay "legal or not" lol
5) new head unit / bluetooth / navi system installed
7) new custom headlights
8) K&N CAI installed
11) Roof rack

Wow I'm totally getting into this. hopefully I don't do all this work and then she craps out on me lol! 88k miles isn't too much to do all this, right???? :happy107:

88k is just getting warmed up on the modular motor. Transmissions can last up to 200k if maintained properly but I would budget in a full rebuild at some point if you plan to own the car for more than a few years. In my experience with these newer vehicles, a well maintaned drivetrain will last longer than the rest of the vehicle.

Your list looks pretty good, only thing I would add is a nice amp and speakers to go with that headunit plus maybe an amp/sub to replace the junk factory sub with something that'll acutally move some air. Trust me, once you put in a set of nice speakers vs the factorys you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok this is where I'm at on my grand scheme!!! Red is done!

2) have the bottom trim re-painted matt black (didn't need to cause the detail guy cleaned it up nice)
3) have the window trim and running boards restored from faded (same as trim)
4) new tint (not sure if I am going to stay "legal or not" lol (stayed legal cause I don't want Sol chasing me down!
5) new head unit / bluetooth / navi system installed (being installed in the morning)
7) new custom headlights
8) K&N CAI installed (should be done within the week)
11) Roof rack

I'm making progress! Not bad for a week and a half!!

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks like you are doing good so far. as for number 7. the retro shop said he can do them or you can go with the place bh is going through sickhids.com in norcal. or look on f150online some one there has a write up on how to do it yourself.