*Transfer Case Question*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Sarge

Reaction score
Okay, so below is a picture I found online, then red line I drew on it is where I am leaking. Question is, is there a gasket between the t-case and the cover, or is it just RTV? If it is either of those how do I fix it? Should I just clean it up and RTV the piss out of it or do I need to pull it apart and replace something? Fluid levels are fine.

2000 EXPEDITION XLT
5.4L V8 175K... Nothing special yet

:shooter:

Tcase.jpg

cleaningman94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes I am sure it is RTV that is what both my expeditions our. I would split the case and redo it most likely will start leaking again if you just put rtv all over.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
split it, clean off the old rtv and re-rtv it and you will be golden

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok I know better then to do something stupid like this but im considering trying it just for the hell of it. i have a very small drip from my t case in the same spot yours does. was considering spraying that electrical tape in a can stuff on it to see if it stops the leak. AGAIN I know better and would not do that as a permanent fix but im not gonna tear my t case apart for a drop of oil seen once every week. its weird that they leak from their.