Transmission Issues (Dropping RPMs -- Acceleration Lag)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: Seemed to get better for a few days and today it almost stranded me in the middle of a four-lane road. I have an appointment to get it checked out if I can get there with the vehicle (or get it towed). I have an expensive almost new piece of... well you know. Let's see what Ford can do and then I can revisit this post. Last time I had this much trouble with an SUV was also American Made (Chevy) and then when I had an expensive repair -- traded it.

Good luck!

OP
OP
D

DRU84

Reaction score
Update: Transmission failure. Ford rebuilt with parts kit under power train warranty. List of screws, plates, issues, too long to type unless group is really interested.

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: Transmission failure. Ford rebuilt with parts kit under power train warranty. List of screws, plates, issues, too long to type unless group is really interested.
So your trans was rebuilt in under 2 weeks? That’s not too bad considering some of the parts Backorder stories we’ve heard of late!

bignell

Reaction score
So your trans was rebuilt in under 2 weeks? That’s not too bad considering some of the parts Backorder stories we’ve heard of late!
Tell me about..Mine has been at the dealership since the end of January waiting on the parts to rebuild mine.