Transmission Jerking Hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This only happens when the truck is going under 1,500rpms uphill. If I press the gas up to 3,000rpms it doesn't jerk at all.

Why is it jerking at low rpms?

Anybody have this problem before?

Any help & feedback would be greatly appreciated.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any CEL's? mine stumbles at around 1200 rpm's because of a vacuum leak, look into that

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any CEL's? mine stumbles at around 1200 rpm's because of a vacuum leak, look into that

Could be a vacuum leak because my air conditioner does that blow to the defrost problem.

No CEL, thank God..

Yeah I think it does it exactly at 1200 rpms.

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This only happens when the truck is going under 1,500rpms uphill. If I press the gas up to 3,000rpms it doesn't jerk at all.

Why is it jerking at low rpms?

Anybody have this problem before?

Any help & feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I think mine just did this over the weekend. It didn't jerk hard though. At first I thought it was a miss but I tramped the gas and it took off and no jerk or hesitation. But I noticed going uphill slightly if I just keep it under 1500 rpm it will give a little jerk. Only does it once in a while though. I too have no CEL.

jtbmjb

Reaction score
What is CEL?

My Truck is doing this and getting worse...
What is CEL?
I have told told it might be the torque converter as well...

WCAWI

Reaction score
Most probable cause is a bad ignition coil. Its hard to pin down unless you have a scanner hooked up to it though.