Trim removal ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone have detailed info on trim removal? I'm looking to pull all that silver crap so I can paint it.

Matt63

Reaction score
Does anyone have detailed info on trim removal? I'm looking to pull all that silver crap so I can paint it.

Check out FordTechMakuloco's channel on youtube. Brian is his name and I just saw a video of him pulling a bunch of trim off to repair something behind the dash on a 3rd Gen Exp. Everyone here should subscribe to him. He's that good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, thanks.

While removing the center trim today to run some wire for my reverse lights today, I realized that those silver pieces alongside the center controls are actually part of the dash. Ugh! With that in mind, I'll probably end up leaving it alone. :/

Matt63

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

While removing the center trim today to run some wire for my reverse lights today, I realized that those silver pieces alongside the center controls are actually part of the dash. Ugh! With that in mind, I'll probably end up leaving it alone. :/

Sorry K9...I checked out the vid I referred you to and it was a blend door replacement on a Gen2.
I would 1st grab a trim removal tool set as all those dash parts snap in. Were you able to look behind the silver trim pieces, along side the center stack with the stereo out to see if in fact you can remove them?

OP
OP
K

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would 1st grab a trim removal tool set as all those dash parts snap in. Were you able to look behind the silver trim pieces, along side the center stack with the stereo out to see if in fact you can remove them?

I've got a trim removal tool set; that's what I used to remove the center trim. Unfortunately, those silver pieces are part of the top of the dashboard so the only way to remove them would be to remove the entire top of the dash. Ford make you loco for sure. :/