Trouble changing the a/c temp blend actuator (hard one)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben F

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace the temp blend door actuator (hard one). I cannot get this piece on for the life of me. Everyone says it's a 10min fix which it should probably be. I matched it up to my old. Same D shaft. Same size. Everything. Part 604-202 or OE #F5TZ19E616A. This actuator will not go back in so I can secure it. I don't know what's going on. I am beyond frustrated with this. I've read articles saying you have to adjust the hot/cold temp knobs. I tried that. Nothing. Tried all 3 the front dash, one above the driver, and middle row one on the floor behind the center console because I didn't know which one to try. I'm lost. Anybody know what the deal is?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See if the old one will go back in easily. If it does then there may be a difference in the two actuators.

OP
OP
B

Ben F

Reaction score
Yea the old one did go back in. I know longer have it because I took it apart to inspects the pieces. I literally put them side by side. Did see any difference really. I put the 2 D shaft post back to back and they matched up pefectly in height and width so what could be the difference?

OP
OP
B

Ben F

Reaction score
There's an image of the opening. I stuck my phone down there and snapped some photos. I mean I don't really see what the the deal is.....it sort of looks like something could be obstructing it in the 2nd one

IMG_5642.PNG

IMG_5643.PNG

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the replacement part a Ford part, or an aftermarket replacement? If it's an aftermarket, dollars to donuts, it looks the same, but it's a hair off. I had a fuel pump I was installing in one of my Mustangs tank. I wrestled with it for close to an hour, wouldn't drop in. Went to Serramonte Ford, bought a dealer one, dropped in within 2 minutes of wrestling. Even when aftermarket company's have a Ford part right in front of them, they still can't seem to make their part fit. Maybe they should put small slots so maybe they'd fit. If you can return the part you bought and can still get a Ford part, your guy at dealer can go on parts locater, hopefully it will fix your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Ben F

Reaction score
Is the replacement part a Ford part, or an aftermarket replacement? If it's an aftermarket, dollars to donuts, it looks the same, but it's a hair off. I had a fuel pump I was installing in one of my Mustangs tank. I wrestled with it for close to an hour, wouldn't drop in. Went to Serramonte Ford, bought a dealer one, dropped in within 2 minutes of wrestling. Even when aftermarket company's have a Ford part right in front of them, they still can't seem to make their part fit. Maybe they should put small slots so maybe they'd fit. If you can return the part you bought and can still get a Ford part, your guy at dealer can go on parts locater, hopefully it will fix your issue.

Yea I bought it off eBay or Amazon can't remember as an aftermarket part. I think the part is honestly. Check out the those 2 pictures I posted. That metal piece inside the hole seems to be the issue I think I'm gonna post another one as it's gotten even bigger now. It looked like I was very close to having it cleared out the way for the shaft to finally fit. Kept adjusting the temperature never got any better and I poked around in there with a small flathead and now it's worse. Posting the pic now

OP
OP
B

Ben F

Reaction score
Now it's basically covering the entire hole. This is why the d shaft on the actuator won't drop in I'm assuming. What is causing this? Anyone know?

IMG_5678.PNG

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody live in Cincinati nearby? What to give a hand?

jstone5241

Reaction score
They changed parts numbers in middle of year, so make sure you have exact same part number you took off