Truxx 3/2 Kit questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stang99gtv8

Reaction score
Thinking of putting the truxx lift/level 3/2 kit on my 03 expy 4x4. A few questions on this before I pull the trigger:

Will this effect the steering angle substantially? For instance, am I going to start breaking or wearing out joints and bushings quicker?

Will my turning sway angles be harsher? When i bought my 03, it was because the IRS didn't lean anywhere near as much as the 02 and down setup and I really like that part.

Will I be able to tow still? I have a 6x12 trailer with equipment in it I currently pull, I had to get a 6 inch drop ball mount for the trailer to be level, I assume I'll have to go 8 inches with a 2 inch lift. Not a big deal, but I want to make sure It's still going to hold up to towing a few times a month.

Replacing the shocks? I am already going to be replacing the shocks in the next month or so, which is why i figure it's the best time to also do add this lift. Will I need a different shock than stock? If the shop is already replacing the shocks, is it a ton of extra work to add the lifter for each shock replacement? Trying to get a good estimate of shop time for pricing on what this will all cost me for 4 shocks or coil kits and 4 truxx lifts installed.

Thanks!