Truxxx 3/2 tire clearance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kickapebble

Reaction score
I have just purchased a truxxx 3" front, 2" rear leveling kit, I have herd that they clear 35"s, but the paperwork says only 34"s; anyone with experiance with this? I don't mind minor cutting, but I am not to sure where to find a 34" tire vs a 33" or 35", and I want to be the guy with the big expy that is justified by ***** size, you all know that kind of guy.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
of course we know that guy....WE ARE THAT GUY! hahahah. you should be able to fit a 35. might be a little tight when turning but if you just trim the lower valence a little, you should be good. shouldnt have any problems in the rear as far as i know.

MCDavis

Reaction score
a 315/65/16 is roughly a 34" tire. It's not quite a full 35" like say a 35/12.50/15. That's mainly what they mean by a 34" tire (metric measurements)

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if it's 03-06 body style ask rptr00 he has the same kit, i think he has 35s not sure

niceguyyy01

Reaction score
I just did the TRUXX lift on my wifes 07 and we used a 325/60/18 and I had to trim a little of the air dam corners and the inner fendwerwell.

Let me also tell ya, my truxx kit required a little bit of modding to make it fit. For example, one of the nuts that go on the stock strut bolt has to be trimmed (one perside). In other words, I had to grind the bolt head (head had a washer cast on it) smaller because the nut wouldn't screw down on one bolt because the lift spacer had the hole too close to the strut body.

I also had to use small washers to space the lift spacer up a tad, because the stock strut studs hit the bottom of the new stut studs on the lift spacer.

Anyways, back to the original question..... I don't think a 35" or even a 34" will fit with this lift. Mine still rub a tad on the inner fender well and mine actually measure like 32.8" tall.

OP
OP
K

kickapebble

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, it is on a 2004 w/ 4wd. Tires aren't cheap in the 17" range, does anyone know if a 16" will fit?

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have just purchased a truxxx 3" front, 2" rear leveling kit, I have herd that they clear 35"s, but the paperwork says only 34"s; anyone with experiance with this? I don't mind minor cutting, but I am not to sure where to find a 34" tire vs a 33" or 35", and I want to be the guy with the big expy that is justified by ***** size, you all know that kind of guy.

running same lift and went with 315/70/17 (34.5"). yes you will need to trim the front valance. The real key is less backspacing on your wheels. OE is 6". I went with 4.5" and they do stick out a little. Might be able to get away with less it just depends.

You cant run a 16" wheel. Besides brake clearance issues, no one makes a 16" in 6x135 pattern. Probably for this reason.

03blkstanggt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im thinking the truxx lift and the readylift (which is what i have) are close to the same thing. 35X12.5x17 has no problems running but like rptr said you gotta trim the front valance a tad. as far as the backspacing idk. i have the same wheels as rptr but on a nitto mud grappler