Tuners and Programmers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Im wanting to do a tune or something like that to my expy because I have a K&N intake and it is falling on its face right now (no low end torque) for those of you with tunes/tuners/programmers what is the best option to get some power or just wake up the engine? im not trying to make it fast as all get out im just trying to wake it up and maybe add a little power. I talked to a shop near me and might get it dyno'd and have them do a custom tune but that sounds like it will end up being too expensive. I have heard that the SCT programer does good stuff but just wanted to hear what others thought or what everyone else has done!

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A tuner will give it a little pep. It won’t be nothing crazy but it should make it more enjoyable to drive

If you can get it custom tuned on a dyno that would be the way to go. A custom tune will always out perform a canned tune from a hand held

limitedex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had 5* give me three tunes on an SCT device. None of them were noticeable improvements in fuel or power, and cost more in fuel on the 91 octane obviously. Needless to say, I'm back to stock tune with Gotts mod, and drop in K&N filter.

Side note, I see your sig says 34" ATII's. What specific size? Post a pic too if you can. I have 305/55/20 now on the Expedition. Love 'em.