Tweeter Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to get started on installing my new set of components today. The woofer is going in the stock location, but I was wondering where I should put the tweeter. I have flush/surface/angle mount options. Let me know where you guys mounted your tweeters. Attach pictures if you can. Thanks!

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was able to mount mine coaxially, Kicker SS front, RS rear. But if you dont have that option, and as I was thinking of adding a set of tweets - The top of the dash reflecting off the glass will really bring out the highs and raise the soundstage, or keeping them on axis with the mids would be a fine option as well. It's all about what you want to cut and what would work aesthetically.

OP
OP
R

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry for such a late response...

I finally got them mounted, though.

I tried a bunch of temporary positions.

The tweeters sounded best on the dash, reflecting of the windshield.
Second best was on axis mounted in the 'shark-fins'.
Third best was off-axis next to the mid drivers, essentially sounding like they were mounted coaxially.
Fourth and fifth best were where the headliner meets the windshield in the corners and on axis in the kick panels.

After all the testing, I decided to flush mount the tweeters in the doors, directly next to the mids. The soundstage is a little lower than I wanted, but it eliminated the ability to localize the tweeter and it was one of the easier options. With the tweeters flush-mounted and color-matched, it looks stock as well, so I am happy.

I'll post up some pics or a link to some when I get a chance.