Under dash wiring problem!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nightkid

Reaction score
Currently my reverse lights are not working due to lack of power to wires. Had my local mechanic shop test the wires from tranny to the bulbs. When he applied power to the harness the lights came on. he then checked the wires going from tranny to the cab and found nothing broken or grounded just no power. He said it is probably under the dash.

I removed the lower panel and tried to find the light blue/pink wire for the reverse lights and discovered that there were multiple none of which showed up on the wiring diagram. Found one even connected to the 4x4 switch near to my radio.... i desperately need help with this cause the inspection is almost up....

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Nightkid, the reverse lights are powered from the fuse box in the engine bay. hence why you are not finding the power in the cab. I would first check to see if you have a bad fuse and then go from there. May require a new wire to run from the fuse box down to the tranny position switch.

OP
OP
Nightkid

Nightkid

Reaction score
Thank you that helps alot actually. Its been rocking my brain where this fuse is. I need to now find which fuse i am looking for.

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year is your expi? I checked wiring diagrams and found they all have the same fuse and wiring colors as far as I could tell. the power for the lamps comes to the trans range sensor wire is lt blue/pink pin 9 and is hot with key on. the fuse is #5 in fusebox under dash.