Underground car parking lot entrance height limit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

You Zhao

Reaction score
Hi everyone~I just got my 2019 expedtion platinum.
I hit the roof in some parking lot showing 6'6'' height.
So anyone know the height limit for the parking lot?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use 6’8” as my limit because I have successfully navigated that height before (although I just about needed a new pair of jockey shorts afterward).

I tried a 6’7” garage once and my shark fin hit the pipe they had at the entrance telling me the clearance.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine crossbars are on and I fit in a 6'5" labeled parking garage.

However, I was really nervous on the last garage I was in (posted as 6'6"). It looked VERY close at a couple of spots when you hit a slight ramp to go up a level. If you really think about it, your highest point increases at that moment (grab your trig and graphing calc out for that math problem. LOL).

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oooh fair question. I don't know. Mine are off.
I just wish that the bars were a little easier to swap on and off. This removing screws and stuff is cumbersome. Especially the little hex key they give you to change it. Although I just use my tool kit with ratchet so its easier but still.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just wish that the bars were a little easier to swap on and off. This removing screws and stuff is cumbersome. Especially the little hex key they give you to change it. Although I just use my tool kit with ratchet so its easier but still.
You got a hex key?!? I just had to go to my ratchet set.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition