Underground car parking lot entrance height limit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, trust me its ridic. Its small and its shaped like those IKEA keys so you cannot get much traction on the loosening. LOL.

The type where I end up hacksawing the end off and sticking it in my power drill. ;)

And unless it is somewhere in the bag with the jack, I did not get a hex key with mine.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmm, I wonder if the key comes with the bars that I purchased separately. I did not have the Cargo package on my EXPY so that's why I got the bars after the fact. If you get the option from the factory, it appears that you do not get a key. Weird.

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The garage I went into recently said 6'10"...
Nothing touched with the max and roof rack, but, definitely a bit of a pucker experience, especially with the roof shade open!
I drove very gingerly for fear of hitting something up there... [emoji23]

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently had the entrance bar clang on a 6'8" garage entrance at a hospital, so I exited and parked in a surface lot. The bar may have been hanging a bit low though, at least it didn't look level as I drove by after the fact. My crossbars are on and the best I could measure it is about 6'6" in height to the top of them. The spec height is listed at 6' 4.5" but that is probably with the crossbars off. I have been considering taking them off, they are almost to high to use regularly, might as well take them off and eliminate the drag.

Edit: just went out and remeasured using a straight board across the side rails and the tallest part of the rails was 76". The crossbars put it at 78". The sharkfin is lower than the side rails according to my level. It was pretty much empty inside and gas was nearly full, so your measurements may vary.

Last edited:

Pete6114

Reaction score
I just wish that the bars were a little easier to swap on and off. This removing screws and stuff is cumbersome. Especially the little hex key they give you to change it. Although I just use my tool kit with ratchet so its easier but still.
What hex key? Where's it kept? Never seen one, but it might be with the jack and spare..

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What hex key? Where's it kept? Never seen one, but it might be with the jack and spare..
Do you have the Cargo package? I did not and purchased the bars separately. In the box there were screws and a little hex key to install the screws on the cross bars. PITA.

Pete6114

Reaction score
Do you have the Cargo package? I did not and purchased the bars separately. In the box there were screws and a little hex key to install the screws on the cross bars. PITA.
Got the cargo package and the bars came factory installed.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
someone posted some bolts that could be removed by hand at one point I thought. They had a bigger plastic knob on them. If I find them I will post the link again.

Ford Part # FB53-78551A72-AA3YZ9

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the cargo package and the bars came factory installed.
This seems to be a common. So factory installed cargo package (roof cross bars) seem to not have a key to remove the bars, yet purchasing the bars on their own nets you the key!? Interesting...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition