Unfrickin...ah well, all is going to be okay......ahhhhhh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Called the owner/manufacturer. The Magnum model (the one with the flat plate) is made in a small shop in Iowa. The model with the round tube is from <China>.

He has one on his wife's Navigator (2010 or so), and it doesn't affect the back-up alert, so he believes the Magnum will work with the Expedition.

The Web Site charges $22 for shipping, but he'll give free shipping for two or more. Call him. The Web Site and Facebook are full of great testimonials about his products.

The bumper has a slot for the hitch pin and a rubber doughnut to absorb the shock of a hit. Seems like a good idea, if a little pricey at $140 + $22 shipping. But even if it just saves your bumper cover...

Last edited:

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, I'm not advocating ambulance chasing but I know my insurance covers bodily injury and such. I'm required to have that coverage. If you are injured and miss work or have expenses arising from that ... Wouldn't it make sense to get compensated for it? What if you can't do your job after that? I look at it like unemployment insurance, you pay for it why not claim if you are layed off?

It was after work one day. My job gives me the option to WFH occasionally. In this case doctor told me to stay home, and work made an exception to the occasionally rule for me to WFH for a couple weeks. No missed work.

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like the slowpoke Caddy driver was trying to get hit. Look up swoop and squat. Those people cut in front of another vehicle then hit their brakes. Then they claim the person that hit them was tailgating.

That's why you need a dashcam. If the state gov doesn't care about the facts and won't drop the hammer on the person who is actually at fault, time to leave that state.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I picked up my truck Weds afternoon and drove 200 miles yesterday for a couple of meetings and I was SO happy to have been driving my truck instead of the rental.

They did a nice job, fast & simple and everything looks and works as it should again. New liftgate, new impact bar/receiver HD towing..... they forgot to give me my hitch back but I texted them yesterday and I'll pick it up today.

The nice thing about getting hit....is that when you lick up your truck....it's nice and clean!

Sometimes you have to seek that silver lining...

jeff

all fixedr1.jpg

bill 1.jpg

bill 2.jpg

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I first saw the price I thought " I need to get into the body shop business" Then I saw the most of it was the price of a new liftgate.
What year is this thing again?
I guess that's why I don't have newer cars. I know if its new you want it perfect or like new.
I could not replace a gate only that damaged and it I did it would be with a used one. Way too many perfect ones in junk yards.
Insurance and shops have fewer options though. I guess that's why the couple of times I've been hit or had an insurance claim, I have done a fix it yourself thing.
I can make money that way.
Just ridiculous what they charge for that part!
The labor is never cheap but it is a much smaller part of the total than the parts.
Also, my beef is they almost always make money on parts too. I can't handle that if I can buy exact same thing cheaper.

Nice to have your vehicle back though.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I first saw the price I thought " I need to get into the body shop business" Then I saw the most of it was the price of a new liftgate.
What year is this thing again?
I guess that's why I don't have newer cars. I know if its new you want it perfect or like new.
I could not replace a gate only that damaged and it I did it would be with a used one. Way too many perfect ones in junk yards.
Insurance and shops have fewer options though. I guess that's why the couple of times I've been hit or had an insurance claim, I have done a fix it yourself thing.
I can make money that way.
Just ridiculous what they charge for that part!
The labor is never cheap but it is a much smaller part of the total than the parts.
Also, my beef is they almost always make money on parts too. I can't handle that if I can buy exact same thing cheaper.

Nice to have your vehicle back though.

You know they sell you parts at a huge markup, right?

Never mind the liftgate, you can get entire fully functioning trucks with said liftgates for less than that

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wooooooow that lifgate is pricey.
i thought my 1200 fender was high
great to get her back all safe and sound

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1