Unfrickin...ah well, all is going to be okay......ahhhhhh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
In New York we have no-fault insurance. Your own company pays for your damage unless you're legally parked or you are rear-ended. If you are hit in the rear, the hitter is at fault. Why do you think people slam their brakes at tailgaters?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well Jeff I hope you fair better than I have with the same type accident I had, being rear ended in my Acura MDX.

This August will be 2 years since it happened and I still have sharp pain occasionally trying to walk. Knees killed me for a year, so much I couldn't reposition myself once in bed. Getting up from a seated position was interesting and super pain full.

And like yours the tow ball/hitch took the brunt of the impact.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
In New York we have no-fault insurance. Your own company pays for your damage unless you're legally parked or you are rear-ended. If you are hit in the rear, the hitter is at fault. Why do you think people slam their brakes at tailgaters?
We had no fault in Michigan too. Hated that crap... Very expensive. I believe in most states if you rear end someone, no matter the situation, you're at fault. Brake checked or not. I've seen cases where someone is rear ended, hits the car in front of them and they're still found to be at fault. I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on tv, but my FIL is. He's worked for a few big insurance companies over the last 50 years. We've discussed that before.

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score

If you can prove that you rear ended the person due to their actions such as witnesses testimony or a video, you will not be at fault. Get educated. Get a dash camera. It's now your choice to be a willing victim of fraud. I'm done.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
If you can prove that you rear ended the person due to their actions such as witnesses testimony or a video, you will not be at fault. Get educated. Get a dash camera. It's now your choice to be a willing victim of fraud. I'm done.
I'm a wolf my friend, not a sheep (victim). Unfortunately some states (which I'm sure you can attest to) don't care about what's right and wrong when they're creating laws. Those cameras can also easily backfire on you too. I'm all set with giving Big Bro another tool. Just sayin'....

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jeff, glad your ok. My 85 Mustang got rear-ended back in 87. It took awhile for me to get normal again, and I was hit by a small Nissan pickup. Times like this, aren't we all glad we drive these heavy SUVs.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys....Take a good look at his truck....yeah, I really like trailer hitches and if God forbid, the frame got bent, it will be fixed or replaced I suppose but to me, it beats getting the entire rear end crushed in.

I look at this stuff differently than many others apparently. I don't go through life trying to cover myself or stressing over "what if's". While dash cams are great ideas, I can't get twisted worrying that some fool is going to "get over" on me. I just don't. Remember, I'm the guy that left his home unlocked while he went to Belize last Fall and Jamaica the year before<LOL>. LOL...heavily insured means never worry about stupid crap. I figure that since we as responsible adults have to insure everything we own, then get some mileage for those payments and stop worrying, so I do.

I feel VERY fortunate upon hearing Mooses and Stamps long rehab time. I already had an appointment today for PT for my back/migraines so hopefully, she'll make this feel better too.

Nine lives? I have used at last count, 27 and I didn't include the Dump Truck incident since it really wasn't a close call. I told Kerry that I think I have 31 lives.....but I'd sure hate to use #28 and find out it was the last one!!

jeff

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow that's some bad luck. 2 accidents back to back? Wow. Just be glad you weren't on one of your motorcycles instead.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why do you think people slam their brakes at tailgaters?

Because they think an electric wheelchair is ghetto posh???

Idk that always baffled me... except reaaaaally high mass stuff like big rigs...who, otoh, NEED to keep their accident count low to keep on eating...

Who knows...