Unsure hitch class??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadianguy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2005 expedition EB and i am unsure of the class of hitch. I'm looking at towing a travel trailer with a gross weight of approx 3850lbs. Any idea if this could would be an issue with the stock hitch? Cheers!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have the frame mounted hitch on the rear of the expy and a 7 pin connector?

You can also check on Ford etis com and see what was on the expy when built

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will either need a 2 inch or 2 5/16 inch ball Ball size would be marked on the trailer coupler

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the Travel Trailer you are getting has elect brakes You will need a 7 pin connector Depends on the wiring on the 05 but you may be abler to get a plug in adaptor that plugs into the main harness under the rear. I know that is possible for the 1st gens.
You should also consider up-grading to the heavy duty tow package for the expedition which would include a trans cooler, 7 pin connector, full frame receiver which you may already have. The TT weight is low so you may not need a Weight Distribution Hitch or sway control But I would suggest that you have them if you plan to go to a heavier trailer in the future.

I would suggest that you talk to the dealer of the TT and also ford for information.

But do check ford etis to see what you already have.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpember1990