Upper rear track rod help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2000 expy....

I broke what my mechanic calls the "upper rear track rods" theres one on each side in the rear of the car next to the springs & shocks

never heard of such a part... He showed me the part under the car.

All the local part houses in queens/li area are on backorder... I tried google and all i got was tie rods. Can someone tell me where i can get these.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
They also call them "upper control arms" and "upper trailing arms"

Here's a tubular set on ebay, if you want to upgrade.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-0...temQQimsxZ20091226?IMSfp=TL091226209005r37905

I think that part of the problem is that when parts guys hear the term "track bar" they immediately think of the bar that runs from the left frame to the right suspension, that keeps the suspension from flexing from side to side. It's commonly called a panhard rod on cars. They may be looking up the wrong part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanx for the help tony

b4 i go to the bay, im still looking around for local repair shops.

OP
OP
S

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey tony

thanks for the help. I ordered from the guy today. Should have them in a week. All the ford dealers tell me they are on backorder till mid feb.

OP
OP
S

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok i got the truck fixed....
My mechanic actually got the parts from ford b4 the guy who makes them in texas shipped his... So i spoke to him and he nicely refunded me my money. He was a pleasure to work with even though i may have been a pain in the ass by calling so much.

Anyway, truck drives great.... If anyone ever needs trailing arms see the link in the above post, great guy!