using bed liner on trim or rims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbiljah

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this or done it them selfs? I am thinking about using bed liner instead of plasti dip. I'm not sure what it would look like.. Been scouring the internet for days!

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is pretty common in the world of jeeps, they say it holds up well if done properly and not rushed

OP
OP
B

bbiljah

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing it, so much chrome... I hate chrome haha. I might cross my fingers give it a try and hope for the best. I might try to spray it instead of rolling, rolling gives it a more rough finish.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
The bedliner is much more permanent than the plastidip.

I used bedliner spray on the fender flares and it held up fantastic.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
we used bedliner on the outside of our hunting truck (an old Toyota) and it held up perfectly. It was by no means a beauty queen though. We ran it through a lot of different things and it really held up well and appeared to make the fenders a lot more durable. I will see if I can find pics - but it was by no means a professional job.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
only pic I could find - and not sure that it will help much - but the truck paint is still holding up good

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bbiljah

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I would like it to look good, but tough out in the woods, I was ready that dipping will eventually peel, and chip from rocks and branches ect, and saw that bed liner is more tough. I would want to do all the chrome on the truck (bumper trim, door trim, front grill)