Valve mount TPMS units

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2008 expedition with the TPMs system that is a small box mounted on a band in the middle of the wheel. I just purchased a set of 2021 F150 wheels to replace my wheels (they are plastic rims that are chrome plated and the chrome has all come off and looks terrible). The new rims don’t come with TPMS sensors so I need to buy new ones that will mount where the tyre valve to inflate the tyre goes. Can anyone tell me which sensor I need to purchase That will work with my cars TPMS receiver unit?

cheers Gary

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I continue to like Autel's "MaxiTPMS" system, which I've been using for years on multiple vehicles with very good results.

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2008 expedition with the TPMs system that is a small box mounted on a band in the middle of the wheel. I just purchased a set of 2021 F150 wheels to replace my wheels (they are plastic rims that are chrome plated and the chrome has all come off and looks terrible). The new rims don’t come with TPMS sensors so I need to buy new ones that will mount where the tyre valve to inflate the tyre goes. Can anyone tell me which sensor I need to purchase That will work with my cars TPMS receiver unit?

cheers Gary
These work perfectly. Preprogrammed.

Attachments

• chrome_screenshot_1689006142079.png
    chrome_screenshot_1689006142079.png
    707.4 KB · Views: 14

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score

cheers Gary
Keep in mind if you aren't already aware you will need to cut a tiny amount off your rear axle ends for the center caps to be able to go on. You could also get spacers if you aren't up to cutting, but it's pretty easy.

turtle019

Reaction score
OP
OP
G

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Many thanks guys for all the feedback, looks about $60 for a set from amazon with Prime overnight delivery!!
Bloodhound, thanks for the reminder about the axle stubs needing cutting down, I was aware but thanks for pointing it out.

Regards Gary