Vanity mirror LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done deal, not too bad. A little hard to take off the covers on the vanity mirrors. It’s hard not to leave a small mark around the covers. Nice white light. I asked for tips and no one reminded me that the bulbs get HOT.
I was left with a 2-3 bulbs but I didn’t change the one inside. I wonder where the other ones go. I did change out the one inside the glove box.
I did say to use a plastic pry bar.

I think one of the bulbs may be for the light in the shifter. The other two might be for driver and passenger side footwells if you don't have the mood lighting that changes color.

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did say to use a plastic pry bar.

I think one of the bulbs may be for the light in the shifter. The other two might be for driver and passenger side footwells if you don't have the mood lighting that changes color.
I couldn’t find a plastic prybar.
I do have the ambient lighting. I’ll check the shifter.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t find a plastic prybar.
I do have the ambient lighting. I’ll check the shifter.
Auto parts stores have them and you can find them on Amazon as well. The shifter bulb is kind of tough to get to to because you have to take part of the console apart to get to it. That's why I haven't bothered with mine. I didn't even look to see if it changes with the ambient lighting - it might but I never noticed.

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got the package in last night. Any tips on how to replace them?

View attachment 22683

Quick update on these lights. The license plate lights were already going out. Had to replace them with another set. They were flickering on and off and several LEDs within the bulb would not come on. Hopefully no other lights from this package go bad.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my license plate LEDs do the same thing back in February. We he a warm day where it went up to the 50s and changed them out with some other LEDs that I had that fit.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LEDs can be hit-or-miss on quality. I avoid buying stuff like this on eBay or Amazon. I get mine from SuperBrightLEDs.com instead. They are more expensive but, so far, the quality has been really good.

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LEDs can be hit-or-miss on quality. I avoid buying stuff like this on eBay or Amazon. I get mine from SuperBrightLEDs.com instead. They are more expensive but, so far, the quality has been really good.
I’ll remember that website for next time thankS.