Video retention hardness don't fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi just continue with my project to use the factory monitor as secondary monitor everything is connected and hope that work , but my issue is that I order 70-5520AV retention hardness and don't fit in the dvd plug, mine is more big and a square form, I just want to know if this is the dvd plug or not.
Tx
hope the picture upload.....

Attachments

• Expiradiophoto.JPG
    Expiradiophoto.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well finally finish my project get to work the factory dvd monitor as secondary monitor, first verify if you plan to buy a retention harness you have to verify what type of plug you have the Metra 70-5520AV in my case don't fit, you have to be clear that in my case i don't need the factory dvd to work because my head unit have it and anyway the factory dvd don't play dvd-r or dvd+r so i don't need it but works anyway here some pictures in case someone need an idea.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As you see in previous picture i just take out the dvd and weld a rca cable to the AUX video plug in the inside part thats going to be my video inout for the radio i just run the cable to the radio just splice carefully without break the green and black cable from the dvd plug thats your acc 12v power, in my case i dont need a ground wire just connect the power and soon as i push play in the radio the monitor receive the signal and turn on remember do not connect the power wire to constant 12v source or you going to have the monitor all the time on, just remember to search to be sure is your right cable, hope to make a complete guide with a few pictures when have time of the final work. Remember to search the forum and this person are not responsible to any damage to your equipment is just a personal work that i want to share.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As you see in previous picture i just take out the dvd and weld a rca cable to the AUX video plug in the inside part thats going to be my video inout for the radio i just run the cable to the radio just splice carefully without break the green and black cable from the dvd plug thats your acc 12v power, in my case i dont need a ground wire just connect the power and soon as i push play in the radio the monitor receive the signal and turn on remember do not connect the power wire to constant 12v source or you going to have the monitor all the time on, just remember to search to be sure is your right cable, hope to make a complete guide with a few pictures when have time of the final work. Remember to search the forum and this person are not responsible to any damage to your equipment is just a personal work that i want to share.

Looks clean nice job

Thanks my friend !!!!