view of my engine threw my wheel well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daye190

Reaction score
08 expedition ...are there any flaps that can cover my engine ...you can easily see the manifolds threw the inside of the fenders

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like a nice set of headlights you want to show them off. Ladies please no letters! Why do you want to cover them. Our vehicles are designed a certain way for a reason, but that said, heat coming off Exaust does better when taped off and sealed with asbestos tape. For performance engines, you can gain as much as 8 horse power by wrapping your headers, but just covering the heat from escaping will push it back towards the engine compartment, not good. Excessive heat funneled back, into engine bay, makes fuel/ air ratio too hot. If you ever watch a drag race, they always post lowest E.TS. When the part of the day is coolest, and fuel dialed in for that. One of the best horsepower techniques is to mount a cone K&N filter in the fender well, where incoming air is coolest and densest. Just my opinion, but don't cover it up. You could do like Auburn/ Cord did back in the 30's and put beautiful chrome pipes cut into your fender wells. Bottom line, leave it alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You'll have to make something on your own. Cruise the junkyards for other wheel well liners. Or maybe some underhood insulation.

Ford probably did it for a reason, but whatever.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
buy your self a set of them huge rims they'll fill out the wheel wells and then that space under there you won't see it no more ;)

OP
OP
daye190

daye190

Reaction score
hey thanks some old treadmill mat that's the way I'm gonna go thanks ...1997CEBFEX

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i use some sort of thin rubber mat that i found for my 84 monte ss mainly just wanted to keep all the dirt and mud from getting all over the clean engine and compartment.it did it's job till one day i was going down the road and it came loose which then caught in my wheel and rip a huge chunk out of my plastic inner fender panel and could have cause me to wreck but i didn't i just heard the loud noise pulled off and check it out

Just wondering how your goona attach it on there ???