Viper remote start installation for 2012 ford expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

Would be nice to know.
Which Viper system do you want to install.
Have you read the instruction manual?

OP
OP
T

The eXpedition

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to know.
Which Viper system do you want to install.
Have you read the instruction manual?

Hi
I want to install the remote start + security 5704V I guess.
There are no instructions for the ford expedition 07-14
Any idea guys?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

B

bedrck46

Read this in the F150 forum

Viper 5704 Alarm/Keyless/Remote Start Install with Pics

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the 5906 installed. Got it done at a shop. No way I would try to do it myself. Yes, you need the XpressKit module so it will work with you PATS system to allow it to start.

One of the main reasons you want to have a shop install it is they have an electronic programmer to set it up. If they don't, find another shop as that's a key sign they are not "authorized". Reason this is important is some features are not available without it. You have limited "manual" programability with Directed products. Also - the warranty Directed offers is invalid without authorized dealer installation. In addition, you are splicing in to key wires that make your vehicle operate. You have to really know what you are doing or you have a good probability of messing it up.

bigbill13

Reaction score
I have the viper 5704v and installed it myself I have installed a ton of alarms and can tell you not to do it yourself pay a shop to do it that way if something goes wrong their liable for it if you screw up its out of your pocket and can be very costly if you fry the bcm or ecm plus authorized dei dealers should not sell the alarm out the door as part of dei's license agreement

OP
OP
T

The eXpedition

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the interface module wiring diagram for the ford expedition 2012, the guys sent it to me yesterday. I ordered the item through ebay and I am going to install it once I purchase the viper system from the authorized dealer. Thanks