Want a new setup that is baby friendly!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found out the other day that I have a baby on the way. I have 2 JL w3s in a ported box right now with a 1000 watt Rockford amp. Yes its loud and fun but I need something that I can turn down to a normal level more than ground shaking bass. Ive been debating putting my subs in 2 seperate sealed boxes for a while now just because I enjoy tight hitting bass because I dont listen to rap that much unless i'm trying to make a little kid look like a tool at a stop light. anyway, that was one idea. My other idea was to sell the subs and box and get one 12 sealed and keep my rockford amp. Or, I could sell the whole thing and get a 12 with a smaller amp. Im looking for a cost effective way of doing this. I still want a decent amount of bass when I feel the need but I want sound quality and tight bass as well. Also I want to keep my bass knob that way I can turn it up and down when need be. Any ideas? Dads? non-dads? lol

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
non-dad but have a mom. haha get a basic kicker. cvr like i have. it works perfect in a sealed box. get the same set up i have. then you can keep your amp. unless your putting out true 1000 watts then down grade that or get a better sub. and if you dont have a bass knob that goes in between the rcas get one. it works great. pac makes the one i have. i love it! i keep it at half then i hear some punks with a broken trunk and 2 12s. so i turn mine up to full and theyre like what you got? 1 12! haha

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same thoughts when may daughter was born 2 years ago, honestly since they arent going to be in the car with you all the time (im assuming) then what i did was keep the same setup, and installed a "kill" switch or toggle switch in the remote wire, this will allow you to kill the amp when ever the kids in the car and when its just you then rock out with... Well you know. Possibly look into upgrading door speakers to deliver a lil more mid bass this did the trick for me, hope it helps

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my wife wont let it get loud...im pushing 2 kicker cvr 12's in sealed box...1200 rms MA Audio amp...when she's with me...its down and i feel the bass more than hearing it. but when i'm alone...i turn up the volume from 9 to 20...turn up the gain and its a wrap...

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
non-dad but have a mom. haha get a basic kicker. cvr like i have. it works perfect in a sealed box. get the same set up i have. then you can keep your amp. unless your putting out true 1000 watts then down grade that or get a better sub. and if you dont have a bass knob that goes in between the rcas get one. it works great. pac makes the one i have. i love it! i keep it at half then i hear some punks with a broken trunk and 2 12s. so i turn mine up to full and theyre like what you got? 1 12! haha

Gotta love that feeling lol. I think I have decided on a 10 inch L5 in a kicker box. Out of the way and decently loud. No comparison to my setup now but geez. I cant see straight after I turn mine up now. I listen to Blues, rock, and country alot so its unjustifiable.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats a good set up. kicker just came out with a new sub. the L3. it replaced the L5. not sure about it yet. its too new. but it should be good.

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Attachments

• 08s10l54.jpg
    08s10l54.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also really like this JL setup for the money. Yes i'm going from 2 12's to one 10 but I think it will sound good for what I want and it got good reviews. I really like the way it looks too.

Attachments

• !C!cFmdQ!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!isE0GgD00+kBNC8h+k8Eg~~0_3.jpg
    !C!cFmdQ!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!isE0GgD00+kBNC8h+k8Eg~~0_3.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 87

Tigster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Elmo on subs will sound awesome! :rolleyes:

My truck has the dvd player on 99% of the time, and the youngest breaks the headphones so I use the speakers.