Wanting to lift navigator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wdLincoln

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new here. We own a 99 Navigator, it came with air ride but since has been converted to coil front and rear. My questions are about lifting this vehicle. Can the same parts be used on the Nav as on the Expy? I have never lifted a truck with IFS all we ever had were trucks with straight axles "back in the day" (showing my age).

If someone could point me in the correct direction that would be great. What i am wanting to do is lift the truck only to get 35's under it. A 3inch body lift would be a good start and also i am seeing the coil spring spacers for the rear. My biggest question is the front end and the torsion bars (i think they call them keys. Just need to get a set that will lift my Navigator hopefully 2-3 inches if that is possible, if not what it the most that the "keys" will lift it?

Sorry for all the questions at one time but this is what i am trying to do. We will be painting the truck most possibly within the next month or two and as soon as that is done my plans are to put her up in the air.

Thanking you in advance

98EXPnSRQ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The front should be the same as the F150. Not 100 percent sure if that's true with the Navi. You can crank the torsion bars up but the front cv angles will be maxed out and that can cause problems. Best look at a proper lift. I went with Rough Country in the front. Rear spring spacers work for me because all I do is flat trails and mud but they have been known to pop out under full articulation. I don't rock crawl in my Expedition so not an issue.

Last edited: