Water Dripping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got back from a 60 mile tow with the A/C on and when I got home, I parked, and a huge amount of cool water fell out. A very large amount. Should I check something? Am I building up or is this normal.

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could be the condensate drain was clogged and then cleared itself. I had a blockage on a '11 Edge that caused water to slosh around behind the dash until I cleared the line. A quart or more poured out at once.

OP
OP
A

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was that much, a quart or so. I was surprised since I assumed it all dripped out as I drove. Here I am with a warm engine dripping cold water. My first thought was to check the cup holder - where I had some water.

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the water leaked inside the truck? If it did then the drain is probably still clogged. You need the get the accumulating water outside.

Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfXyo7a2F9A

I was able to clear the line in the Edge through a drain tube cabin connection down towards the ground and not upwards as demonstrated in the video.

OP
OP
A

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope, outside on the ground. It splashed me a little, thats how I noticed it was cool and not hot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt