Weird AC fan issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys. If I get fed up with it I may order up a module and give it a try.

I have read some about the grounding of the wiring causing issues. Do you think that might be having something to do with it?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Possible but doubt it. Usually it is the module. If you want to check the ground for the module it is located behind the passenger kick panel.

OP
OP
S

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, figured I'd post the results. A new blower control module fixed it. $62-ish from Amazon. Wish all fixes were that easy.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just think what the invoice would have been at a "less than honest" dealership. An honest one would be @$150.00

OP
OP
S

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah. Shoot just buying the part from Ford would have been probably double.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We had a fleet of Ford crown Vic's years back at our taxi company. I drove one that the fan had only low and high. It was missing the second and third position. Mechanic changed resistor, brought back all 4. But as stamp said it was a basic manual setup. Those worked the best. The full automatic ones were always trouble, rarely worked right. Glad yours was an easy fix. Sometimes you got to plug and play, if you don't have the testing ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rallybug