well so long

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tigster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
avoid the volvo it would be the highest in maintenance you posted. The ranger has 200k miles, thats crazy to even consider.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
everything i found quick has high mileage!
the first two and the last honda is probably what you would like, just threw in some trucks for fun, maybe the protege? its a rebadged ford focus essentialy

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks for the remorse guys, oh and the suggestions blue; I'll have to find some time and go look around. it sucks man, i loved my expy... oh well, i kinda saw it coming and i figured it was a lot more severe than what it had seemed. i was stuck for 2 hours with the engine running, so that gave plenty of time to screw up lots of things. at least the engine still runs though, i'm glad i had enough gas to keep it running while it was stuck. i'm excited to start a new mustang project once i get the money, i'll keep you guys posted on that if you're interested.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hell yeah we are, did you keep the factory wheels/tires? people over on f150online would probably eat those right up

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my brother figured it out and had it verified by a family friend that runs a shop...

i guess when i got it stuck all that water and mud that got in it really screwed it up even though it didn't start happening until a few days after.

too bad, only 61K miles... ha

Man honestly I would do some checkin at your local wrecking yard before I put her up for sale! She is a clean truck and you can deffently get the parts from a yard cheaper than a new car.

Just doin a quick search of the yard I use in El paso, TX I found the rear axle out of an "02 Ex for $250 and it is the 9.75" with 3.55 gears and has the 14mm wheel studs. They also have 2 axles with the 3.73's in them for the same price, but they are the 12mm wheel studs.

And they also have 2 trannys each for $290 ( plus core ).

This place offers a 30 day warranty on all of there parts and they are really good to deal with.

http://www.gandnautorecycling.com/

Give it a shot man with shipping probably around $1000 for everything you need, and then you can continue to roll the Ex.

If I can do anything to help ya out just send me a PM and let me know!

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man honestly I would do some checkin at local wrecking yard before I put her up for sale! She is a clean truck and you can deffently get the parts from a yard cheaper than a new car.

Just doin a quick search of the yard I use in El paso, TX I found the rear axle out of an "02 Ex for $250 and it is the 9.75" with 3.55 gears and has the 14mm wheel studs. They also have 2 axles with the 3.73's in them for the same price, but they are the 12mm wheel studs.

And they also have 2 trannys each for $290 ( plus core ).

This place offers a 30 day warranty on all of there parts and they are really good to deal with.

http://www.gandnautorecycling.com/

Give it a shot man with shipping probably around $1000 for everything you need, and then you can continue to roll the Ex.

unless you cant afford the gas, I would do this. racenut has already done it so he can help you with doing it

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would fix what you got.... since you never know what you are getting if you buy someone else's problem.... if you get your tranny and axle fixed... your expy will be stronger than before and ready to go again