What’s This Plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The OP started this thread on Jan 02 He is showing currently on line and he can't take the time to report back as to what he found or to thank those that offered input.

Now this is something I would think a new member would do but not from a member that has been on this forum for over 3 years

OP
OP
A

acolic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi sorry for not getting back to you.

My trucks unexpectedly in the shop until Wednesday afternoon and I haven’t been able to try all the good advice I’ve received.

I will let you know Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kythri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's not an O2 sensor connector, I can tell you that much.

I won't swear to what it is, but it looks very similar to the connector I pulled from my air ride compressor, and is in the same general area.

Rich_007

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just checked my 01 5.4 w/o air suspension and I do not have that plug (unless its tied up under the washer fluid res and I couldn't see it).
I thought the clocking on the plug tabs would have made it unique, evidently not, according to some previous posts. There goes my O2 plug theory.
If you can provide the wire colors, they should be unique. We can prob figure it out.

OP
OP
A

acolic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Appreciate it. I got the truck back today and will send the details when I get home from work.

OP
OP
A

acolic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok there’s a blue, black and yellow wire going to the plug.

I recently had LED headlights installed so I thought it might have to do with the headlights but I checked the drivers side and there isn’t a similar plug.

I did trace the plug and it’s bundled in the same wiring harness that goes to the windshield wiper fluid reservoir.

Appreciate it. I got the truck back today and will send the details when I get home from work.

1999 Ford Expedition 5.4 Eddie Bauer

Rich_007

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is the blue "dark blue"?

edited. never mind. was trying to find the color code and thought I saw something about that color combination that said yellow = +12, black = ground, and the blue was something about the horn and the alarm. But i couldn't get any more info. I will keep looking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

acolic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi

I had to wash off the wires but they are light blue/black, yellow/black and black.

Since everything Is working I’ll stop wasting peoples time and I’ll just leave it at that.

Rich_007

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I am sure it is an unused connector for a feature you don't have. I am just using it as a learning project to see if i can run it down. If I come up with anything I will post here.

OP
OP
A

acolic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same as me.

It’s on the same wiring loom as the two connectors going to the windshield washer reservoir.

It also has that plastic connector indicating it was attached to a bulkhead.

Likely the air compressor for the air suspension option.