What brand spark plug and type?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexhozee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was wondering what brand and type sparkplug everyone uses in there expy.
I'm looking for the motorcraft ACF-SP432 or SP479 for my '98 5.4L
What is your openion about the dubbel platinum with two elektrodes and stuff like that.
does it really improve acceleration and fuel efficiency?

I'm going on vacation to Miami monday, anyone knows where to buy good parts/price? want to replace COP's and sparkplugs, tie rods.
At Curacao parts are expansive and sometimes when there's a lot of rain he missfire's.

On ebay I found 8 COP's for $75.

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the NGK plugs

NGK's are in my 2002 5.4 Expedition right now. I use the platinum plug. The current set have survived 2 COP failures. 2 thumbs up here for NGK plugs.

joshuajack

Reaction score
I agree on the NGK's. That is what I run in my 97. As far as all of the fancy stuff. Buy a good mid-priced plug. There is so much more that can be done to improve performance and it is a waste of money if you haven't already upgraded other ignition components. The "iridium" and v-power and all of that would come into play if other modifications to the ignition system and fuel/air delivery.
As far as tie rods, I have replaced all of my ball joints, tie rod ends, steering linkage, front sway bar bushings, all of that with Moog. All bushings are Polyurethane (obviously) and all of the joints have grease fittings (which is way different than stock). This has made a huge difference in the overall handling on the Expy.