what brand/type shocks to buy ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tibiko

Reaction score
I want to replace all 4 shocks on my 1997 Expy, 4WD, without air suspension. Current tires are Goodyear wrangler RT/S but I plan to change them soon to Michelin LTX M/S.
Lots of highway driving, moderate off-roading and occassional trailer pull.
I know there are several options out there but what is you experience with some of them and what do you recommed ?
Thank you.

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tibiko
Anybody knows of TOKICO - TrekMaster R/T's ?
I could get them for a sweet $45/apiece.

i had Tokico illumina 5-way adjustables on my stang. they were some high quality pieces. i'd guess their truck shocks are probably good also.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMO I think the adjustable Rancho RSX9000's are the best shocks, I'm still waiting for them to make them for the 03+ though.

cnuttgirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have the adjustable rancho rsx9000's and they are awesome. i didn't get the in cab adjuster because it was as much as all four shocks. i do a lot of highway driving (so i use setting 2). i do some minimal (once every 6 months) heavy towing (so i use setting 4), and every now and then i drive through some fields (so i use setting 5). all i can say...i've had them on for 20,000 miles and i love them!!