What Could Ford Do Better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardrocker

Reaction score
Alright, I have a few.
  1. I want the ability to add certain features to the vehicle after purchase. For example, the front parking sensors. My -19 XLT doesn't have them and it seems like that should be something reasonably easy for the dealer to add if I throw money at them. Same for the new 2020 360 view cameras.
  2. I want more options for the digital dials on the driver screen. Oil, Temp, Fuel, and boost are nice. But why can't I have battery charge, MPG, etc.
  3. Why doesn't the MPG meter show more than 30 mpg? I know it won't get there except for downhill, but why limit it to 30?
  4. I want the current speed limit to show up on the digital speedometer screen.
  5. Why can't we get the upfitter switches that are available on the SuperDuty? I would use them for aftermarket lighting. I'm sure others have other uses.
  6. I probably would buy a cooler insert for the center console.
  7. I wish the rain-sensing wipers and automatic high beams worked better. I have turned both off and control them manually.
  8. I think the Expedition should have the option of having tow mirrors like the pickups do.
I second (or third) the ideas on the rear liftgate operation and the center stack wireless charge cubby.

I guess I had more than a few.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the suspension seriously and the transmission, i have almost 13k and it sucks - sport mode is really weird too

2019 Plat Exp

Reaction score
After a few weeks of ownership I would say...

1. The transmission is rough when shifting gears especially going from forward gears to reverse unless you let it pause for a few seconds in neutral.

2. Cruise control on highway while going down a steep grade seems to get on the gas then let off the gas causing a jerking motion.

3. RSE needs a total overhaul the fact you have to sync the sound via BT is ridiculous and its such outdated tech. Granted I bought mine used I would never factory order it.

4. Needs to remeber settings better like drive mode you left it in last or if you disabled auto on off. Odd it can remember adaptive cruise settings or lane keep assist settings but not drive mode or auto on / off.

Other than that I really have no complaints it rides great, has plenty of space for our growing family and plenty of power with good mpgs.

Paul M

Reaction score
I would like the 3rd row seats to be able to stop in any position.

Sometimes I would like to stop half way down position to close the tailgate.
Insead i have to put the seat all the way down, then crap is sliding all around.

The carpet on the back of the 3rd seating sucks.

It is horrible to vacuum, I wish is was plush carpet. Just saying the truck was 100k

I've "hauled" only three items in the new Expedition, my wife's office chair (she's remotely working now), a book case (same reason), and a glass countertop. Each time the carpet has been slightly but permanently damaged. I have a weathertech mat for the cargo area but I never dreamed the seatbacks were so delicate. I've now ordered the canvasback liners and until they arrive I have a quilted moving pad stored in the back. 80K plus sticker price and I'm hauling around moving pads...

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've "hauled" only three items in the new Expedition, my wife's office chair (she's remotely working now), a book case (same reason), and a glass countertop. Each time the carpet has been slightly but permanently damaged. I have a weathertech mat for the cargo area but I never dreamed the seatbacks were so delicate. I've now ordered the canvasback liners and until they arrive I have a quilted moving pad stored in the back. 80K plus sticker price and I'm hauling around moving pads...

I’m rock-in 2 moving pads in mine as well

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wait wait wait....can I really not put the 3rd row seats up/down from the drivers seat?