What ive been doing!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I do anyway and have been ok. I think in Wyoming the law is no more than 4 lights while driving onroad. If I find out its not, I'm sure you guys will here about it. . . :flame:

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here in cali off road lights need to be covered. SCREW THAT! haha if people with their hids can blind me on the freeway from behind me then when they cut me off i can blind them with 570 watts of lights right into their rear view and drivers mirror and passenger mirror! so just blind the shit out of them! and i cant wait to have them in hid! cause i wont be a dick. ill lower my lights down a little so they dont blind too much. then if someone just cuts me off ill blind them! haha im EVIL! :evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol:

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's the same way I feel. I'm not worried about the ones behind my grill, but I will get rock guards when I do my roof lights. I found the law for Wyoming lights.

31-5-922. Spot lamps.

Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two (2) spot lamps and every lighted spot lamp shall be so aimed and used upon approaching another vehicle that no part of the high-intensity portion of the beam will strike the windshield, or any windows, mirror, or occupant of another vehicle in use.

According to this, I am good, and the lights are low enough to the ground not to worry, and they aren't that bright anyway. The dark yellow color works great for blizzards, haven't used them in rain yet, but saved me in a big blizzard this winter. The headlights reflected too much, so I shut them off and just had the Hellas on, and could see much better.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya, the yellow works great. I have been debating on keeping them stock and not doing HIDs so that I can use them as fog lights since I don't have any, but whenever I get around to building my bumper, they will be built in :)

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that works. i want to put fog lights onto my fog light switch when i make my new bumper. i think ill make those the 3000k hids. the yellow ones.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this make sense? its how i did it. works great. and easy access to the power with out having to go to the battery. i cant take pics since its a mess and it was hard to show since its so messy. o well. got any questions let me know.

for some reason its not big. but go here. i know its the old forum but its bigger on here. go to the bottom. http://expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?p=53736&posted=1#post53736

Attachments

• how i wired my lights.jpg
    how i wired my lights.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 24

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, that makes sense to me. I've done a bit of work with wiring back in auto class in high school, and done plenty with previous trucks. I think a lot of people make it more confusing than it really is. Just trace the wires that you need, and make sure there are fuses. . . I will have to get me a bus bar as soon as I get more lights. Where do you have your switches for all of your axillary lights? So far I only have one that came with the Hellas and I put it next to the button for the rear defrost, and is easy to hit, but not in the way and looks like it was made to be there. Please stop putting stuff on your truck. You need to wait till I get some money lol

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha im done for a little bit now. and go to the beginning of this thread. its like the first few posts. maybe the 1st. thats where they are. they are on the center console. cause i put my bus bar on the floor under the center console. good place for it. i cant screw it to the carpet at least though. but im not going out and jumping my truck so really i have no need to worry. and yeah my wires from the busbar to the switches are fused. with what ever fuses it came with. 25 amp for the kcs and 15 amp for the hellas i think. i dont remember. i just know its fused.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll have to think of a place to put mine when I get around to it since I don't have a center console. Maybe under the seat would work, or possibly getting it under the dash somehow so it is completely out of the way. I like to have wires completely hidden or at least to look perfect when you can't like on the roof lights, just one of those things that bug me.