WHat or how can I change the look - 2020 Max

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a set of 18" wheels that were F150 "take-offs" then flipped my 22s on craigslist. WAY easier than trying to upgrade a XLT to a Limited Stealth.
I did the same, only minor trimming required on the rear axle. Funny thing, I'm running F150 wheels and my Expedition wheels ended up being sold to a guy who was putting them on his F150. Guess we all want what we don't have. :D

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's amazing how all our tastes are similar but so different. I love the new body style, where my wife likes the 3rd Gen Expedition body style better. She said my EXpy has no character. I like bling, chrome trim, chrome or polished aluminum 22" wheels, tricked out interior and features. This is why I chose the Platinum model. My Son is a Stealth person, the darker the better. He goes with black rims and trim, dark window tint, etc. The only thing I don't get is the flat exterior paint. It looks like they forgot the clear coat, lol.

OP
OP
P

prenticect

Reaction score
Mr Big.. so true!!! I appreciate the chrome look. My dad was a truck driver and well Chrome was a thing :) I like the blacked-out look, like your son :) even the flat paint :) This expy is nice, NO DOUBT. the Platinum interior. Love the seats. And yes I want what I don't have :) :) But hey, I did buy it knowing all this, well mostly, and no real complaints... it is more.. what can I accessorize? You know what all boys do to their toys.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mr Big.. so true!!! I appreciate the chrome look. My dad was a truck driver and well Chrome was a thing :) I like the blacked-out look, like your son :) even the flat paint :) This expy is nice, NO DOUBT. the Platinum interior. Love the seats. And yes I want what I don't have :) :) But hey, I did buy it knowing all this, well mostly, and no real complaints... it is more.. what can I accessorize? You know what all boys do to their toys.
Yes I know. Every Ford car, truck and SUV I've owned got bling, custom stereo and custom exhaust. But my EXpy Plat came right like I wanted it, so I'm not changing anything. And I'm keeping this one quiet.
Exterior-wise black or dark wheels and tires really add to the look. Darker windows if you like that look. They do make the wheel well trim. You'd probably have to wrap the chrome. I'm not a fan of smoked head and taillight covers, because they take away the brightness. But I've seen many stealth models with the after-market ones.

This was my 2000 Ford Excursion blinged out.

Attachments

• 20230128_092934.jpg
    20230128_092934.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230128_092831.jpg
    20230128_092831.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230128_093010.jpg
    20230128_093010.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230128_092924.jpg
    20230128_092924.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 6

Speed 330

Reaction score
I am coming from a 2018 to a 2020. I liked the lines on the 2018 over the 2020 as the 2020 seems more "smooth" overall. and looks like an oval. That is an exaggeration, but something like that. I don't like that look. This also has the Chrome package, and I am not a fan of such. Why I have this then? Given that 2018 was falling apart on me, I needed to swap out, and given the used market, I got a great deal on this one, but it has the chrome package. it is a Platinum 4x4 MAX.

I managed to ****** the front fender about 2 weeks after having it :(:mad: Which sucked, but I need to replace the front bumper. So generic questions? Can I just swap out all the chrome stuff? Can I put in a Stealth front end? I know the stance is lower for this truck vs my old one which does not help the look I like. I will be changing tires, and the little lift a few years from now. The truck was not cheap, like you all know, so I have to do this very slowly as I can afford it.

Sorry a wide open question here... and I fear it will be too expensive to swap out all the chrome parts, plus unsure I can do it all myself. So seeing what input I can get. THANKS
Just take it to the paint shop and have them paint it all black that Chrome is easy to paint these days

Speed 330

Reaction score
HA! Sorry, I had a 2017, the last one before the aluminum body.

I have debated looking at Stealth parts for sure. I have a hard time figuring out where the junk yards are. The shipping for the body parts is too much. One thing is the 2017 had factory fender flares. That helped with the look (I think). And yes, I get the use of Chrome, but man just so much. The new Expy was ordered with the Chrome package. Whoever ordered this thing added every option (even the seemly foolish DVD headrest). ???? barely drove it.

I am hesitant about a wrap. my reason is it is specific body parts, like the grill that would be better to replace. BUt then I know the headlamps are Chrome based as well, and then suddenly this whole thing gets super expensive.

Thanks for the input!!!
Just paint it all black chrome it's the cheapest and easiest way any paint shop can paint black chrome it looks pretty good when it's done couple hundred dollars

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire