What the heck, I replaced a part and bricked the Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm an idiot...

I decided to revisit the panel connections to make sure they were all securely connected. As I was doing so...hello what is this connector and where does it connect to? Could not see a corresponding connection receptacle for the orphaned plug. Went back and looked at the original panel and lo and behold there is an essential component press-nut secured to the side of the cup the fob is put into, and it had a female connection point that matched the orphaned plug in the console. Removed this component and secured to the same location of the new panel and voila. Truck now starts.

Thanks for all you who responded, it helped me get to a place where I needed to look more closely at what I was doing.
Nice!!!!!!!

omandave

Reaction score
Congratulations on finding the "Missing Link"!
I have learned that the second and sometimes third follow up (rinse and repeat, go through all of the parts and steps again and then maybe one more time) can truly be eye opening. glad that you found what is likely the "transponder receiver" and that it transferred over without an issue. (some parts are integrated in to hardware and must be "reprogrammed into the vehicle before they work properly.
I always like the success stroies!! and thanks for closing the loop on your experience too.
Cheers!

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same issue when I tried to repair my cup holders after they exploded and fell apart. One thing, While you've got that thing apart and now remember where all the connectors go, you may want to reinforce the cupholders like many of us have had to do on here. Wasn't difficult to but it will be a heck of a lot easier to reinforce before it disintegrates than if you have a bunch of loos pieces lying around. Just drill out the plastic welds one at a time and replace with small bolts/nuts, etc. Just a thought.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks really nice. congratulations on job well done. I usually have to do the job twice to get it right.
the old saying "There’s never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over."

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just read all the way through. That first cupholder picture really bothered me but the fixed one makes it so much better.