Wheel question??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking to replace my 17" OEM wheels on 05 as I need tires and now would be the time to do it. I like the #3657 18" OEM wheels that came on the 08 Expedition and they are plentiful, however they are 18x8.5 with the same offset of 44. Can anyone tell me if they will fit on my 05 without rubbing on the inside? I'm concerned about the 8.5" rim width as my stock wheels are 7.5and the clearance between my current tire/wheel and the upper control arm is about a finger width.

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There won't be any problems. I ran aftermarket rims that were 20x9.5 with 305 50's on them and the didn't have ant problems at all.

EXPO

Reaction score
They should work , i also have an 05' and just put 20x8.5 oem wheels with 275/65's no rubbing ! i was concerned to .... but decided to give it a try and thank goodness it worked.... good luck

OP
OP
E

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 05 has the lovely TPMS sensors that are part of the valve stem, I'm now being told by a wheel shop that the 05 stem version sensors will not fit an 07 or later wheel due to the way the valve stem is machined? The later models used a sensor that was attached with a band and utilized regular valve stems. So what they are ssaying is if I want to keep the TPMS warning light on the dash from being on all the time I will have to keep my OEM wheels???? That is not what I wanted to hear......... Anybody out there know about this?

Last edited: