Where can I source this plastic panel for cheap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texevora

Reaction score
Discovered this loose panel, looks like some of the retaining clips on the back side are broken/missing. The buttons all work, I just need the plastic panel itself. Is there a place to source this part for a reasonable price without having to go through the $tealership?

IMG_20171210_161921.jpg

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try Tascaparts.com.
Look up your truck then Electrical>Power Seats.
I don’t know what year your Expedition is, but that looks like what they call either the ‘housing’ or ‘valance’ to my untrained eye.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
couple of thoughts if this were mine:

1. how about a nylon bolt and nut combo where the original fastner(s) were? got to be a place to run one or two through and tighten it up. Paint the heads to match.

2. zip ties: drill two small holes just far enough apart to secure it from the backside. start from the backside, run from the back through hole one to the front and back to the back through hole two around something solid and into the connector, tighten it up. I know there are colored zip ties out there.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
003add%5cFord_2_Ford_cgm_0152_a015279305_14A706.png

This more like it? Same part number as in response #3 (above). This is probably a generic sketch of the opposite seat.

-- Chuck

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
couple of thoughts if this were mine:

1. how about a nylon bolt and nut combo where the original fastner(s) were? got to be a place to run one or two through and tighten it up. Paint the heads to match.

2. zip ties: drill two small holes just far enough apart to secure it from the backside. start from the backside, run from the back through hole one to the front and back to the back through hole two around something solid and into the connector, tighten it up. I know there are colored zip ties out there.

Heck, epoxy the ziptie to the back of the panel

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I'd goober that up too before spending a hundred bucks or more on the plastic. You may find a stump left on one of the clip protrusions that you can drill for a zip tie so it won't show.

Of course there are still "pick-a-part" junk yards in many places where'd you get that panel for ten bucks.

Will epoxy stick to that rubbery plastic?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd goober that up too before spending a hundred bucks or more on the plastic. You may find a stump left on one of the clip protrusions that you can drill for a zip tie so it won't show.

Of course there are still "pick-a-part" junk yards in many places where'd you get that panel for ten bucks.

Will epoxy stick to that rubbery plastic?

Seeing how its on the inside, why not just spot test it, wont be visible anyway...maybe scuff up the spot with some 60-80 grit sandpaper too