Where can I wire in a DRL module?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all,

I bought a DRL module that is supposed to allow the front turn signals to function as DRLs when the turn signals aren't in use, like some vehicles do. I need to connect the wire supplying power to it to an "ignition" source that has 15 amps available (per the instructions) that will only have power when the engine is running. Is there an easy ( and safe ) place for me to tap into, or maybe an empty slot in the fuse box? I would tap directly from the battery but then they would be on even when the vehicle is off. This is on a 97EB.

Thanks

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are there any empty relays slots in your fuse box. I used the relay spot for trailer charging. It comes on with the key in run position. Just get a test light and check any empty spots. You can use a relay from the battery and use the spot in the fuse bow to control the relay. That way its not pulling too much power from where you sourced in the box.

OP
OP
K

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks to me like the relay that controls trailer charging also controls other components. If I just find an empty slot in the fuse box, is there an easy way to remove the part that holds the fuses, so that I can access underneath to run the wire out with the rest of the wires from the other fuses?

I've never done anything with a car fusebox other than change a fuse haha.