Where is the block heater cord?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where should I find the block heater plug under the hood on a 2019 max platinum?

I confirmed with the dealership that there should be one but I can’t see it anywhere from above or below.

Should it be obvious if it’s there?

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's a block heater cord? :rotflmao:

Likely added at your dealer, might be best to ask them where they tucked it away.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where should I find the block heater plug under the hood on a 2019 max platinum?

I confirmed with the dealership that there should be one but I can’t see it anywhere from above or below.

Should it be obvious if it’s there?
On my 22, it's actually up top, on the plastic upper radiator cover, just left of the air intake housing. Plug faces the front of the vehicle, and is capped. I hate where they put it - easy to access but I'm pretty sure you'd have to leave your hood ajar to use it.

OP
OP
LG_123

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can’t find it anywhere so the dealership must have been wrong about there being one.

I’d prefer to have one to warmup the oil before starting in the winter and reduce wear on the engine. I’ll see if I can figure out an install in the coming weeks.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you paid for it, I'd be back at the dealership. Perhaps they forgot to install it during prep.

OP
OP
LG_123

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn’t pay extra for it but it’s a platinum meaning just about everything is supposed to be included; I also called them last week and they said all their vehicles are supposed to come with it now. I’ll ask them about installing one too

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn’t pay extra for it but it’s a platinum meaning just about everything is supposed to be included; I also called them last week and they said all their vehicles are supposed to come with it now. I’ll ask them about installing one too
Looking at the build and price on Ford's website, the block heater is a $100 option on top of the Platinum. Most likely since it's such a regional need, as we certainly don't need them down here in Texas. I'd still look over your paperwork to see if it was listed as a dealer installed add on, which some dealerships standardize on based on their region. No sense paying for it again if they were supposed to include it.

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can’t find it anywhere so the dealership must have been wrong about there being one.

I’d prefer to have one to warmup the oil before starting in the winter and reduce wear on the engine. I’ll see if I can figure out an install in the coming weeks.
I also have a 2019 platinum. On ours it says on the factory work order, there is an engine block heater. I went and looked to see if I could find the cord. I did not see anything obvious. There was inside the front grill at the top a wiring harness. It had a label on it that says made in Honduras. Not sure if that might have been it. We have a heated garage so I've never needed to plug it in. We live in the dakotas and the vehicle was originally sold (we are second owner) in Minnesota. It would make sense that it would have one.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani