Where to get these lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they make replacement power steering cooler lines? My Expy has the external trans cooler and I found those lines along with the remote oil filter lines for a good price at rock auto but I'm hoping to replace the P/S lines and remote oil cooler lines as well and haven't found either pre made. I could just attempt to bend up line myself or cut out the rusty spots and replace with rubber hose but I'd prefer to find pre bent lines. If anyone knows a good place to find them I'd appreciate it.

OP
OP
Jeff532003

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found the P/S lines on rock auto after all but they're listed under the 5.4l not the 4.6l. Does anyone know if there's a difference? If i recall correctly both of my lines connect into the gear box from the cooler on the sode radiator where you'd normally expect the tranny cooler to be and this says one is to the gear box and the other is to the reservoir. I'll have to double check in the morning but I'm thinking its not the same? Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeff532003

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like I might have to take a trip to the dreaded Ford dealer to solve this one. I hate dealer parts guys lol. Always try and sell me the entire place. I even searched fordparts.com and haven't come up with it. It seems the tow package wasn't a very popular upgrade for the 4.6 I guess if worst comes to worst these are the best cooler lines on the truck so ill just clean them up and paint them with rust inhibitor to stop the few spots from getting any worse.