Where to mount CB antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordfan1984

Reaction score
Newer Expedition

Hey guys. I like that mount and the location seems like it would work. However, would the same mount work on a 2003 (one body style newer) ?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one I have is a universal door jam mount... so should be able to fit yours as well

Benji-Man

Reaction score
With all due respect, and I mean all due respect

I was trying to do the bumper mount when I was installing mine but then put on the roll pan and the firstik was the easiest way to go... I only have a 3ft stick and it works nicely...

100_0325.jpg

Wow, we have a STL Rams fan among us,
let us take a moment of silence to pray for this confused person.:doublepuke:

"If you ain't first, you're last."

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always a rams fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as can be seen by the ripping flag... still from the glory days of the "greatest show on turf"

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just though id post what id like to do but can't be done without chopping up the mounting spot for the stock radio cause my cb and aftermarket radio will not just slid in there.Also have to build some custom brackets to hold the radios into place,Then try to run the antenna wire so it would all be hidden,Also finding a good spot to place my magnet antenna on roof and running cable.I could do it and it would look good just too much work for something that wouldn't get used often and i am not into hacking S$$T up, Maybe if it was a beater or something.

Anyway i stole this pic off google images,not a 1st gen ford but i have the same exact cb radio and older jvc cd head unit would look great i think if i did this way

cbinstall2.jpg

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For as large as the 1st gen Expedition is, it really lacks extra space.

I mounted my CB in my Explorer in my center console.

But if you want to mount it like pictured (that's something like an Excursion/F-250/350/450) then you'll have to hack up the internal dash structure just like everyone who has mounted a double DIN radio. What you have to cut out isn't actually structural.