Whiter fog light bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Summers22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes in Kansas it is legal to have any forward facing light be amber to white. I have had yellow fog lights for over 10 years and never been pulled over.

OP
OP
M

mh68

Reaction score
put the same silverstar bulbs in the fogs if u want them to match...order them if need to but thats the only way you will get them to match by buying 2 sets of the same style bulb...

The problem is that I bought the Ultras for the headlights first and then found out they don't make the fogs in Ultra, just the regular silverstar. I'll probably look into 35w HID bulbs for the headlights and fogs.

Mike

Last edited:

Otters07

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah cus the 8000K are too blue I think that the 6000K would be more whiter than blue.... what is reflector housing? is that the stock housing?

Yes 8000K is blue and anything between 5000-6000k will be white. The higher the temp the more blue/purple they will be be...lower the more white/yellow they will be. The reflector housing is the stock headlight. HID's are made for projectors that dont "scatter" the light and halogen bulbs are made for reflectors. Some people will make a big deal about it but I don't see anything wrong with HIDs in reflector housings.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if Someone puts HID's in stock housing the light scatters?

They are not any worse than the crappy HID bulbs in the stock headlights that look like complete crap and do zero for true night vision but you get that complete ricer look so it's a nice win.