Why cut the thermostat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive run K&N on all of my high performance cars for the last 20 years and the secret is to not oil them at all. Use them as you would any ordinary paper filter - one that flows 1.5 times as much air as paper, and throw them away when they are dirty. Don’t believe the BS about the “forever filter”.

callwill

Reaction score
When you say "transaxle shift motor" do you mean the transfer case shift motor?

Timo2824

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive run K&N on all of my high performance cars for the last 20 years and the secret is to not oil them at all. Use them as you would any ordinary paper filter - one that flows 1.5 times as much air as paper, and throw them away when they are dirty. Don’t believe the BS about the “forever filter”.
This is the mentality that brought me lots of engines! If you only drive around in town it's probably fine, but throw in some sand/silica dust and it'll tear up valve seats and cylinder walls. If it's got a turbo it'll eat the blades down just like a boat prop that's seen too many beaches.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205