Window Regulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryB

Reaction score
I just had to replace my Driver door window regulator yesterday. The part from Dorman seemed to have work from Advance auto. I would have definitely bought it at rock auto if I had time, and saved some coin. Anyways, those of you who had to replace one, did you end up having to do the other door at some point?

Also, here's the video I used to help me along. Brian is a great teacher.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I paid $45 for mine w-ship for the pass door and had to program it to work right but it's great. I assume the driver door was already done. Not a big deal but probably why I got a good deal on the truck last year.

OP
OP
G

GaryB

Reaction score
I paid $45 for mine w-ship for the pass door and had to program it to work right but it's great. I assume the driver door was already done. Not a big deal but probably why I got a good deal on the truck last year.

What do you mean had to program it? I have noticed with auto up it is coming back down a bit. Is this what you fixed? If so, how?

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My front passenger window is inop also. I can hear the motor running though. Does the regulator come with a new motor? I’d rather change it too than reuse the old motor.

OP
OP
G

GaryB

Reaction score
You can buy it with the motor or without. for reference, I bought the one without a motor that said for bosch motors, and it worked just fine.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What do you mean had to program it? I have noticed with auto up it is coming back down a bit. Is this what you fixed? If so, how?
Yes, mine came back down 3 inches until I did a search in here on it. You run it up to the top and hold the switch a few seconds and the same when down......basically, do a search. Spraying a little silicone the the tracks helps too.

OP
OP
G

GaryB

Reaction score
Yes, mine came back down 3 inches until I did a search in here on it. You run it up to the top and hold the switch a few seconds and the same when down......basically, do a search.
Thanks!! Look forward to getting that resolved.