Windshield Washer Fluid (part 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am the unfortunate 'schmuck' who started the Windshield Washer Fluid episode that got several people kinda uptight.....including myself.

The final outcome to this ordeal is that the 'icon' indicating low fluid kept coming on. So after doing some investigating and looking all around the area of the 'tank' for the fluid it has been found out that the tank and associated items are at fault. They are leaking. The dealership is replacing the tank and associated items ...... the seal(s) are faulty and cannot be repaired. They have determined that the assembly was not put together correctly at the factory (robots or whatever involved?).

It will be repaired/replaced in another day or two.

Just so you know.....................

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed, well are getting it fixed! Sorry about the disaster on your last thread and welcome to the forum and to the expedition.

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Huh, you don’t say?

A faulty part?

Wow, all those geniuses insisting upon lack of common sense being the cause must have somehow overlooked the impossible conclusion of a faulty part. HOPEFULLY SOME OF THEM WILL HAVE THE FORTITUDE TO OWN UP AND APOLOGIZE.

Glad its being repaired under warranty.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there a way to Block users on here? Think I have a guy in mind. I don't wish to see what USMC posts and I'd like to block them. Don't want to deal with people who just can't stop stirring the pot and move on.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done. Thanks
Anyway yea unfortunately sometimes vehicles will pass inspection and all the checks at the factory and problems aren't caught until the end user starts using it and all the features.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Huh, you don’t say?

A faulty part?

Wow, all those geniuses insisting upon lack of common sense being the cause must have somehow overlooked the impossible conclusion of a faulty part. HOPEFULLY SOME OF THEM WILL HAVE THE FORTITUDE TO OWN UP AND APOLOGIZE.

Glad its being repaired under warranty.

FYI if you go back to the original thread YOU WILL SEE I SUGGESTED THAT HE TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER.

Had the OP given better information about filling the tank and completely filled the tank in the first place then the light would have gone out Then and only then he may have come out the next morning and noticed a big puddle under the expy.

It was the OP that jumped to the conclusion that THE DEALER DIDN'T FILL THE TANK.

It was the OP that provided information that he filled the tank with one gallon and then latter admitting that he added a 2nd gallon and the light went out.

Nowhere did the OP mention that he noticed any water under the expy which would have indicated a possible leak.

Nowhere on the original thread did I notice anyone suggest he check for leaking lines etc. Including myself.

And had common sense been used and better information provided then better information could have been given.

As hard as it is it is almost impossible for anyone to give good troubleshooting advice when they are many miles away from the problem They can only give advice bassed upon the information that an OP provides.

And in my opinion The only members that need to APOLOGIZE are the members that were calling others names and that includes the OP himself

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FYI if you go back to the original thread YOU WILL SEE I SUGGESTED THAT HE TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER.

Had the OP given better information about filling the tank and completely filled the tank in the first place then the light would have gone out Then and only then he may have come out the next morning and noticed a big puddle under the expy.

It was the OP that jumped to the conclusion that THE DEALER DIDN'T FILL THE TANK.

It was the OP that provided information that he filled the tank with one gallon and then latter admitting that he added a 2nd gallon and the light went out.

Nowhere did the OP mention that he noticed any water under the expy which would have indicated a possible leak.

Nowhere on the original thread did I notice anyone suggest he check for leaking lines etc. Including myself.

And had common sense been used and better information provided then better information could have been given.

As hard as it is it is almost impossible for anyone to give good troubleshooting advice when they are many miles away from the problem They can only give advice bassed upon the information that an OP provides.

And in my opinion The only members that need to APOLOGIZE are the members that were calling others names and that includes the OP himself
Dude you don’t even own a 3rd gen. Why are you always commenting in here. You ruined the last thread and now you’ve ruined this one. Go be a keyboard commando somewhere else