Wiring info for '11 EL Limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey I'm looking to do 2 things here:

(1) I want to tap the reverse lights for a set of backup lights and would prefer to tap it at the dash. I have the reverse cam so I know the wiring is there somewhere.

(2) I want to tap the dash lights for a horn button so the button illuminates at night with my dash.

There are about a billion wires under the dash and behind the driver side kick panel so I don't want to start probing them all to find these 2. Anyone have the wiring info for these 2 items? TIA.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might want to get the wiring diagrams for your year. More and more electronics are being added to network buses on the vehicles so tapping into the harness without the diagrams is risky. Damage the wrong wire and you replace the harness on these.

OP
OP
K

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
idk...but why a horn button?

The previous owner installed an air horn and while it's not something I'd personally ever pay for, it's there so I occasionally use it. He had the button installed waaaaay down on the dash though and it's about the size of a pencil eraser and non-illuminated, so I am replacing it.

You might want to get the wiring diagrams for your year. More and more electronics are being added to network buses on the vehicles so tapping into the harness without the diagrams is risky. Damage the wrong wire and you replace the harness on these.

Yeah it was on my list, but I hadn't picked one up yet. I just went and had another look on eBay though and found a set including the 2-volume manual and the wiring diagram for $75 shipped, so I went for it.

Sent you a PM

Thanks!