WRECKED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Ouch....everybody okay?
I think the damage outweighs the existing value so the insurance company will probably total her. I know, that sux.
If the damage exceeds the value, the insurance pays it book value an promptly drops your collision. You can purchase it back from insurance(for salvage price, by weight, probably around $600), but will carry a salvage title. So if they say its worth $2600, minus deductible, minus salvage. You may end up with around $1700 to fix it. A vehicle with a salvage title, is worth half of average book valve, if totaled and someone else's fault.

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take the money and find another one. In my area you can find clean ones for fairly cheap. I wouldnt sink the money into it to fix it. If the accident is not your fault then you will get the full value. I highly doubt your carrying full comp and collision on your insurance. Most likely basic liability insurance.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a 02 4.6 2wd that I loved. less than 10,000 miles on a rebuilt engine, rebuilt trans and rebuilt rear end. driving to work one morning 2014, someone coming the other way on a two lane road came in my lane. rather than get in a head on I went for the ditch and hit a culvert slid sideways across someone's yard and hit a tree with the panel behind the rear door on the passenger side. my heart was broken I truly loved that truck. the insurance totaled it and I was like you what do I do? Because of all the money I just put into the truck I figured I would buy it back and try to recoup some money or use part on my next Expy. Well I bought it back from the insurance for $600 and had it towed to my yard. I ended up buying 02 EB 5.6 4x4 so none of the wrecked truck drive train would work. as far as selling out for parts, even though I had invoices and maintenance records to show low mile high quality parts I still ended up selling at regular used prices and after paying off the $600 for buying the truck back I only made a little money for a lot of work . Not to mention fines from the county for having it in my yard.
My suggestion keep it only to fix for your personal use (do not try to sell as working vehicle with a salvage title. just asking for a lawsuit) or let it go.....old 02 at wreck.jpg old truck 1.jpg old truck 2.jpg new and old trucks.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65