Your favorite addition or accessory to your expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a new favorite since my last post in this thread awhile back: Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport fogs. Super bright, fairly wide (could be a little wider) and can be mounted in the stock location with the F150 fog pocket kit. They were a bargain at $200 for the amount of light they put out.

View attachment 35467
That's a nice enough pattern to get me to look them up. Are those the spot, wide, or combo lights?

Ever get flashed by oncoming traffic when they're on?

Joe m

Reaction score
Here are some pics of accent lighting I added to my 09. Crazy that Ford didn't have accent lights way back in 09 but I took care of it for about $50. I have light intensity turned up the highest for pictures, I Actually run them at the lowest brightness during normal operation.

WIN_20200404_19_25_43_Pro.jpg WIN_20200404_19_24_43_Pro.jpg WIN_20200404_19_24_43_Pro_LI.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Its 2020, why you no buy LEDs?

Or were they too bright and you couldnt figure out how to regulate em?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a nice enough pattern to get me to look them up. Are those the spot, wide, or combo lights?

Ever get flashed by oncoming traffic when they're on?

I have the wide pattern. They come in amber also.

I drove for weeks with them without getting flashed. However, when I started driving down more narrow roads I found that some people in oncoming traffic would flash me at the last moment before passing me. I have since angled the lights slightly more inward and no more flashing. I think this was only necessary because I am using the F150 fog pockets which push the fogs out further in the pocket than stock. The alternative would be to mount them without the addon fog pocket kit (but it looks nicer with it) or to cut the fog pocket bezel so the lights could be mounted further back in the pocket. Ultimately, it was easier to just angle them in a little. :)

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback. That mod's now on to my to-do list :)
I got mine as well.. haven't had time to install yet, hoping monday afternoon.

I'm debating to get 4600 blistien on all 4 corners with sat level kit